Member Login




History

 

PWYCHistorysmall

The Port Washington Yacht Club was established in 1956 by a group of pleasure boaters headed by Harbor Master Alfred Freese and Wm. F. Schanen Jr., as an organization to work for improvements to the the then dangerous Port Washington harbor.

In 1972, an old bathhouse located on the beach one block north of the marina, was leased from the city and converted to the present clubhouse. It has a bar and kitchen facilities, a lounge and large social area with dining tables and a dance floor. The building was recently purchased from the city, and is fully owned by its members.

 

Port Washington Yacht Club All Rights Reserverd 2009.